Provolve is looking to recruit a junior developer!
Ideal candidates would:
- used Apache HTTP Server
- have some knowledge of Postgres, MaxDB or MS SQL Server
- have worked in a team environment using version control software (Subversion, CVS)
- know what an MVC framework is
- would have some grasp of Java/J2EE and Object Oriented Design concepts although training will be provided
- be sharp, enthusiastic, a quick learner and be able to manage your own time effectively, handling steep learning curves
Initial responsibilities would be to provide front-end development support for Born Gifted, Brett Howell Associates and Netbenchmarks and in parallel will learn to become a Java Developer, working on at first small pieces of work using the OFBiz framework. No initial OFBiz experience is required. As open source software specialists some of your working time may be devoted to contributing back to the OFBiz project. Once trained you will help develop and support and develop applications for larger retailers such as I Want One Of Those.
Working in a small organisation you will be expected to work efficiently and manage your time effectively. You must have a genuine interest and passion for technology and be able to visualise fresh ideas and solutions to problems on a daily basis.
Although you will be required to put in an appearance a couple of times a week at the office, successful candidates will be able to work regularly from home. Once trained, you may be required to work some days on-site for clients. Client locations include Portsmouth, Southampton and London.
This is the ideal job for anyone looking to move into Java development and will provide you with excellent experience and training.
Starting salary will be between £22k and £25k per annum depending on experience and skill set. Part time applicants will be considered.
Strictly No Agencies
To apply and arrange an interview please email a short covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com